KCPublic seeks enthusiastic students for Production Internships at Kansas City’s only completely free year-round professional theatre company!
KCPublic focuses on creating opportunities for collaboration between interns and experienced professionals by having our interns participate in season productions. KCPublic helps students transition into the professional setting by building resumes and providing unique networking opportunities with artists across Kansas City.
KCPublic offers TWO job shadowing programs which allow students to work alongside professional directors and stage managers.
Basic Requirements For All KCPublic Interns:
- Ability to travel to our office and/or venues in Kansas City, Mo.
- Available at least 10 hours per week, and all tech rehearsals and performances of production
- Enthusiastic personality and willingness to roll up your sleeves on projects
- Ability to efficiently work in non-traditional theatre spaces
Stage Management interns will gain hands on experience working with a professional Stage Manager as a Production Assistant. Interns will learn to coordinate production elements in a small non-profit theatre production. Duties include:
- Assisting in rehearsal set up.
- Running the backstage during a show.
- Props and wardrobe work.
- Prepping running sheets and paperwork.
- Load in and strike
Directing interns will be immersed in the artistic development of a professional theatre production by working alongside a professional director as Assistant to the Director. Interns will assist director throughout the rehearsal process and interact regularly with professional staff and artists. Duties includes:
- Supporting directors in daily rehearsal activities.
- Take notes for directors during rehearsals.
- Assist directors with dramaturgical research
- Front of house assistance
- Work with the artistic staff on daily administrative activities
Compensation: College credit may be available through your school.
Deadline: We accept internship inquiries throughout the year. Send us your information and we’ll figure out the best time to set up an interview.
To apply, use this application form and follow the directions closely, attaching all required material and answering all questions.